Dawn Bennett Wikipedia, Wiki, American Greem, Financial Advisor, Prison
Dawn Bennett Wikipedia, Wiki, American Greem, Financial Advisor, Prison – Dawn J. Bennett was an American financial advisor who was convicted of fraud in 2018. She was sentenced to 20 years in prison, followed by five years of supervised release.
Dawn Bennett Bio
2018 saw the fraud conviction of American financial advisor Dawn J. Bennett. She received a 20-year prison term with a five-year supervised release period.
Bennett was born in 1962 and grew up in Maryland. She graduated from the University of Maryland with a degree in business administration. After college, she worked as a financial advisor for several different firms.
In 2014, Bennett started her own company, DJB Holdings, LLC. She solicited investors to invest in her company, promising them high returns. However, she used the money for her own personal expenses and did not invest it as she had promised.
In 2017, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) began investigating Bennett. The SEC found that Bennett had defrauded investors of over $20 million. Bennett was arrested in 2018 and charged with 17 federal crimes.
Bennett was convicted of all 17 charges in 2018. She was sentenced to 20 years in prison, followed by five years of supervised release. She is currently incarcerated at the Federal Correctional Institution in Hazelton, Pennsylvania. She is scheduled to be released from prison in 2038.
Bennett’s case is a reminder of the importance of doing your due diligence before investing in any financial product. It is also a reminder that even financial advisors who seem reputable can be fraudsters.
Here are some additional details about Bennett’s case:
- Bennett used the money she stole from investors to buy luxury cars, jewelry, and other personal items.
- She also used the money to pay for her children’s private school tuition and her own mortgage.
- Bennett’s victims included elderly people, retirees, and widows.
- Bennett was a member of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) and was registered to sell securities.
- Bennett’s case was featured on the CNBC show American Greed.
Bennett’s case is a cautionary tale about the dangers of investing with unregistered financial advisors. It is important to do your research before investing in any financial product, and to only invest with reputable firms and advisors.
Dawn Bennett News
Here are some recent news articles about Dawn Bennett, the American financial advisor who was convicted of fraud in 2018:
- “Dawn Bennett, Former Financial Advisor Sentenced to 20 Years in Prison” (The Washington Post, August 1, 2019)
- “Dawn Bennett, Ponzi Scheme Queen, Sentenced to 20 Years in Prison” (CNBC, August 1, 2019)
- “Dawn Bennett’s Victims Speak Out After Her Sentencing” (The Baltimore Sun, August 2, 2019)
- “Dawn Bennett’s Case Is a Reminder of the Dangers of Investing with Unregistered Financial Advisors” (Investopedia, August 5, 2019)
- “Dawn Bennett’s Ponzi Scheme: How She Defrauded Investors of Over $20 Million” (Forbes, August 12, 2019)
These articles provide more details about Bennett’s case, including how she defrauded investors, how she was caught, and what her sentence was. They also discuss the impact of her crimes on her victims and the importance of doing your due diligence before investing in any financial product.
Dawn Bennett Social Media Accounts