Lorna Rose Treen Parents, Wikipedia, Wiki, Age, Twitter, Youtube, Comedy
Lorna Rose Treen Parents, Wikipedia, Wiki, Age, Twitter, Youtube, Comedy – The finest joke of the Edinburgh fringe was a one-liner that was dubbed “stupid” by its author. The winning entry, by Lorna Rose Treen, was “I started dating a zookeeper, but it turned out he was a cheetah.”
Treen described herself as “blooming chuffed” with the honor. I’m very grateful that you gave my idiotic joke this title. In the 14 years that the award has been given out, she is the second female comedian to get it. In 2008, Zoe Lyons won the competition. In 2020 and 2021, the competition was not held due to the Covid epidemic. In the top 10 this year, there were three female contestants, up from two out of 10 the year before.
The comedy channel Dave hosts a competition to see who can tell the funniest joke of the festival. A group of comedy critics who see hundreds of performances at the Edinburgh Festival fringe compile a shortlist. The public is then invited to select their top three jokes from a pool of 25 by voting for them.
Liz Guterbock came in second with 41% of the vote for: “The most British thing I’ve ever heard? “Well, I’m sorry, but I won’t apologize,” the lady said.
Amos Gill took third place with 40% in a close race, saying, “Last year I had a terrific joke about inflation. However, it is now rarely worthwhile.
Masai Graham, who won the prize both in 2015 and 2016, placed fifth this year with the following joke on the Titanic: “I thought I’d start off with a joke about the Titanic – just to break the ice.”
Treen, who was raised in the Midlands city of Redditch, has garnered numerous accolades for her comedic performances. She won two prizes at the Funny Women Awards for the first time in 2022. She made her Edinburgh Fringe debut this year.
Top 10 Jokes
- I started dating a zookeeper, but it turned out he was a cheetah. Lorna Rose Treen 44%
- The most British thing I’ve ever heard? A lady who said ‘Well I’m sorry, but I don’t apologize.’ Liz Guterbock 41%
- Last year I had a great joke about inflation. But it’s hardly worth it now. Amos Gill 40%
- When women gossip we get called bitchy; but when men do it’s called a podcast. Sikisa 34%
- I thought I’d start off with a joke about The Titanic – just to break the ice. Masai Graham 33%
- How do coeliac Germans greet each other? Gluten tag. Frank Lavender 32%
- My friend got locked in a coffee place overnight. Now he only ever goes into Starbucks, not the rivals. He’s Costa-phobic. Roger Swift 29%
- I entered the ‘How not to surrender’ competition and I won hands down. Bennett Arron 29%
- Nationwide must have looked pretty silly when they opened their first branch. William Stone 28%
- My grandma describes herself as being in her ‘twilight years’ which I love because they’re great films. Daniel Foxx 26%