Mimi Rocah Wikipedia, Wiki, Husband, MSNBC, Twitter, Parents, Instagram
Mimi Rocah Wikipedia, Wiki, Husband, MSNBC, Twitter, Parents, Instagram -: American lawyer Miriam Elizabeth “Mimi” Rocah is the district attorney for Westchester County, New York, at the moment. In a primary contest in 2020, Rocah defeated incumbent Democrat Anthony Scarpino and went on to win the general election.
Mimi Rocah Bio
American lawyer Miriam Elizabeth “Mimi” Rocah is the district attorney for Westchester County, New York, at the moment. She won the general election in 2020 by defeating Democrat Anthony Scarpino, the incumbent, in the primary election.
Rocah was raised in New York City after being born in Chicago, Illinois. She received a Bachelor of Arts in American history from Harvard University in 1992, graduating with honors. She then graduated with a law degree from New York University Law School, where she also became a member of the Order of the Coif.
Rocah began her legal career as a law clerk for US Eastern District Judge John Gleeson and later US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit Judge Chester J. Straub. Later, she applied for a position as a litigation associate at the legal firm of Cravath, Swaine & Moore.
Rocah began working for the New York County District Attorney’s Office in 2005, where she spent 15 years as an assistant district attorney. She focused on cases involving sex crimes, domestic abuse, and public corruption. She was appointed Chief of the Special Victims Bureau in 2016, where she oversaw the prosecution of several of New York City’s most prominent sex crimes cases.
Rocah ran for Westchester County District Attorney in 2020. On a platform of criminal justice reform, she ran for office with an emphasis on ending mass imprisonment, minimizing racial disparities in the criminal justice system, and changing the bail system. She also stated that she would pursue cases of sexual assault, public corruption, and gun violence aggressively.
On January 1, 2021, Rocah took the election and was sworn in as district attorney. Since gaining office, she has made a point of speaking out against issues including governmental wrongdoing, drug misuse, and gun violence. Additionally, Rocah has committed to working for criminal justice reform in Westchester County.
Rocah belongs to the Westchester County Bar Association, the New York State District Attorneys Association, and the National District Attorneys Association. The Westchester County Prosecutors Against Gun Violence is another organization she co-founded.
Together with her husband and two kids, Rocah resides in Scarsdale, New York.
Mimi Rocah Career
Mimi Rocah has had a distinguished career in law enforcement. She has served as an Assistant United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York, Chief of the Special Victims Bureau for the New York County District Attorney’s Office, and District Attorney for Westchester County.
In her roles as a prosecutor, Rocah has specialized in sex crimes, domestic violence, and public corruption cases. She has been a vocal advocate for criminal justice reform and has worked to end mass incarceration, reduce racial disparities in the criminal justice system, and reform the bail system.
Rocah is a member of the National District Attorneys Association, the New York State District Attorneys Association, and the Westchester County Bar Association. She is also a co-founder of the Westchester County Prosecutors Against Gun Violence.
Here is a timeline of Mimi Rocah’s career:
- 1992: Graduates from Harvard University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in American history.
- 1995: Graduates from New York University Law School with a Juris Doctor degree.
- 1995-2001: Clerks for United States Eastern District Judge John Gleeson and United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit Judge Chester J. Straub.
- 2001-2005: Litigation associate at Cravath, Swaine & Moore law firm.
- 2005-2020: Assistant District Attorney for the New York County District Attorney’s Office.
- 2016-2020: Chief of the Special Victims Bureau for the New York County District Attorney’s Office.
- 2020-present: District Attorney for Westchester County.
Rocah is a highly respected attorney and prosecutor. She is known for her commitment to justice and her dedication to public service. She is a strong advocate for criminal justice reform, and she is committed to making the criminal justice system more fair and just for all.
Mimi Rocah Husband, Parents, Net Worth
- Husband: David Brian Anders is a partner at the law firm of Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison. He specializes in white-collar crime and has represented clients in some of the most high-profile cases in the country.
- Parents: Richard Rocah is a lawyer who has worked as a prosecutor and a defense attorney. Susan Rocah is a teacher who has taught at the elementary, middle, and high school levels.
- Net Worth: Rocah’s net worth is not publicly known. However, she is a successful attorney and prosecutor, so it is likely that she has a significant net worth. She has been in the legal field for over 20 years and has held several high-level positions. She is also the author of two books on criminal justice reform.
Also Read :